Friday, July 11, 2014

Have Lunch with Me: Strawberries & Cream

Strawberries & Whipped Cream
Strawberries & Whipped Cream


I'm slimming down my meals and adding extra time to my daily workouts so I can look and feel my best for my upcoming trip to Myrtle Beach.  Today's lunch is a simple and healthy one: Strawberries with whipped cream.

Wash and dry 8ounces of strawberries (this was about 10 berries) right before putting this snack together since berries will spoil quickly if washed in advance.  Getting them dry is key so that the whipped cream won't slide off.

Slice 'em and pile them in a cute bowl. I just love serving berries in my vintage glass Strawberry Shortcake bowl.

The whipped cream is about 1T heavy whipping cream, 1t Splenda, and 1/4t good quality vanilla extract whipped until creamy.

The total calorie count for this yummy, fruity lunch is about 170 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your encouragement, support, ideas, or concerns of your own. Please stay respectful as this is a very personal blog and I try to be open and uncensored.