Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Have Lunch with Me: Biscuits 'n Chowda

Even though I'm a housewife with lots of time during the day to piddle around and do what I like, I'd rather spend my time on one of my many projects than cooking and cleaning.  I love cooking and I actually don't mind cleaning, but it loses its appeal when it's just for me.  I cheat by making fast, simple, easy-to-clean up lunches for one like this one:

Biscuits 'n Chowda My easy lunchtime take on Biscuits and Gravy. Pepperidge Farm Garlic Cheese Biscuits, Campbell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder, White Pepper
Biscuits 'n Chowda
My easy lunchtime take on Biscuits and Gravy

 →2 leftover Pepperidge Farm Garlic Cheese Biscuits

I popped these in the oven for about 7 minutes.  I don't have a microwave; 'nuking them would be fast, but leave them a bit soggy.

→Half of a can of Campbell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder

I reheated this in a small pot on the stove, but again, this would be faster in the microwave.

→White pepper to taste.


It has that flaky-creamy-peppery thing going on that is reminiscent of traditional southern biscuits 'n gravy, but with more protein, less fat and calories, and is much easier to prepare.  At 560 calories (most of that is the biscuits!), it's not low-calorie, but I had a skimpy fruit-only breakfast, so it was a good complement to that.

Lunches like these Biscuits and Chowder are great for single-servings and would even be a hearty and warm microwavable workplace lunch.

My take on Biscuits and Gravy is simple, fast, and is great for incorporating leftovers.
That's just what I did here.  I had two leftover biscuits from dinner the night before and half a can of the chowder.  Heat and Eat!

If you enjoy my posts, please take a moment to Join This Site with Google Friend Connect. 


Instagram
Sarah Kate Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your encouragement, support, ideas, or concerns of your own. Please stay respectful as this is a very personal blog and I try to be open and uncensored.