Friday, June 27, 2014

L'Oreal Too Dimensional Nail Polish Review

L'Oreal Color Riche nail polish in Too Dimensional #136



The L'Oreal Paris website states that the Color Riche Nail line delivers "intense color, luxurious shine and 10-day wear...when used with Colour Riche® One Stop Base base coat and Top of the Line top coat."

This is a textured medium purple base with assorted sizes and colors of glitter.  There are very fine particles of gold glitter, and larger silver and light purple glitter. There is a slightly gritty texture after one coat of top coat.

I got full and even coverage in one coat over Zoya Get Even base coat.  

I applied a second coat to build up the texture a bit and deepen the color slightly, and then I finished with OPI Rapid Dry top coat.

I got this bottle on clearance at Target for $2.99. I got a lot of really great cosmetics deals like this when my local store was changing its beauty section layout and shelving.  I have only bought one previous bottle of L'Oreal nail polish (Queen's Ambition, the Illamasqua "Creator" dupe) and it was fantastic so I thought I'd see if my previous luck continued.
L'Oreal Color Riche nail polish in Too Dimensional #136 swatch

Report Card: B

At first blush:  A

I had full coverage in one coat, the color looked good, it applied evenly, and dried well.  I was impressed.

Packaging: A

Pretty glass bottle with gold-colored plastic handle. Minimal type/labeling. Easy open, secure close.

Value: B

Wore well for a few days, reasonably priced.

Texture: B

It was a medium chunk glitter finish that did tend to hang on the ends and required a top coat to as not to snag fabrics and skin.

Wear: D

It chipped so badly on one hand that I had to completely remove it mid-week.  Even using extra layers of top coat to seal the remaining chipped nail polish on the other hand after that point was frustrating and produced no lasting results.  Not a good look.

Application: A

The brush fanned nicely and applied evenly.  I didn't have a problem with dragging or coverage.

Product Claims: B

It did have opaque coloring and was obviously shiny because of the massive amounts of glitter it contained, however I didn't use the recommended base and top coat so it could be a contributing factor to it's lackluster performance in the longevity department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your encouragement, support, ideas, or concerns of your own. Please stay respectful as this is a very personal blog and I try to be open and uncensored.