Thursday, June 12, 2014

Have you tried Goodreads?

I stumbled across Goodreads today and wondered why I'd never found it before! It's a Netflix-like site (but without rentals) that allows you to rate books you've read, add books to a reading list, and explore titles that are recommended to you based on your ratings.  It has a social feature as well which allows you to see what your friends have read and what their opinions are.

I often forget the titles of books I've already read and sometimes I want to mark a book that I love so I can re-read it later or I come across a list of recommended books like this one related to "Dead Poet's Society", so this will help me organize my reading list!

Check out my virtual bookshelf!

 

You can sign up when you get there if you don't already have an account; it's free!It can connect to your Amazon account if you so choose and add books that you've purchased there to your Goodreads bookshelf.

And there's an iPhone app for the Apple-inclined.  So if you're like me and you want to keep track of what you've read and what you want to read next, try out Goodreads.

I just started using it and I think it's pretty great.  
"But you don't have to take my word for it" just ask your friends on Goodreads. 
(Thanks LeVar Burton/Reading Rainbow)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your encouragement, support, ideas, or concerns of your own. Please stay respectful as this is a very personal blog and I try to be open and uncensored.