Friday, November 14, 2014

30 Days of Dead - Free Grateful Dead MP3 Downloads

I am extremely frugal when it comes to buying music and I will almost always wait for a deep discount before buying, so I just love it when one of my favorite bands offers free authorized music downloads!


The Grateful Dead archive site has run a promotion called 30 Days of Dead for many years; one month during which fans can download a 320Kbps MP3 daily of an unreleased and unique Grateful Dead track from the vault, selected by GD archivist and producer David Lemieux.   If ya miss a day, you have all month to download the previous days' featured MP3's.

I have used this promotion to fill out my Grateful Dead collection and I really have enjoyed getting to listen to these gems that were mostly performed before I was born!  I think it's fantastic that the GD community is just as supportive and enthusiastic about the band as ever.  The Grateful Dead were a truly unique style and sound experience and, for me, they defined a decade and lifestyle I wasn't even around to enjoy.

If you are up on your GD history, you can even enter the accompanying contest each day and win a 2015 Grateful Dead calendar that features that awesome & iconic GD art style.
*Both images used are by www.dead.net ©2006 -2012 Grateful Dead Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your encouragement, support, ideas, or concerns of your own. Please stay respectful as this is a very personal blog and I try to be open and uncensored.